With the Reach RS3, you get full tilt compensation, which allows you to measure even with a tilted bar and get correct positions on the tip. In other respects, the specification does not disappoint, extremely fast calculation of fix-solution, i.e. thanks to the fact that it tracks signals from all satellite systems. You can also use it both as a rover and as a base. Simply a complete product. Comes with the Emlid Flow field app.
Survey with under 20 mm precision at up to 60 degree tilt. Reach RS3 is calibration-free and works out of the box. The receiver is immune to magnetic disturbances, so metal objects and electronics don’t affect the accuracy.
Get a Fix in 5 seconds
The receiver gets a cm-accurate solution in ~5 seconds and maintains robust performance even when the sky is partially obstructed or the unit is tilted. Signals tracked: GPS/QZSS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo.
18 hours of work with tilt compensation
The industrial-grade battery can endure up to 22 hours of logging or 18 hours of work as an RTK rover with tilt compensation. For uninterrupted multi-day operations, simply connect a power bank via USB-C.
RINEX logging and PPP support
Reach RS3 records raw data in the RINEX format for post-processing. Use our free PPK software, Emlid Studio, or any other software with RINEX support. Logs are also compatible with OPUS, AUSPOS, and PPP services.
Built-in LTE modem
Insert a SIM card into Reach RS3 and let it broadcast or receive corrections via NTRIP.
Rugged and compact
The polycarbonate body coated with elastomer makes Reach RS3 impactresistant and ready for harsh conditions. The receiver is dustproof and waterproof to IP67 with an operating temperature of -20° to 65° C (-4° to 149° F).
GNSS receiver Reach RS3
Carrying case with a strap
USB Type-C cable
- Static: H: 4 mm + 0.5 ppm / V: 8 mm + 1 ppm
- PPK: H: 5 mm + 0.5 ppm / V: 10 mm + 1 ppm
- RTK: H: 7 mm + 1 ppm / V: 14 mm + 1 ppm
- Convergence time: ~5 s typically
- Tilt compensation: RTK + 2 mm + 0.3 mm/°
- Signals: GPS/QZSS L1C/A, L2C, GLONASS L1OF, L2OF, BeiDou B1I, B2I, Galileo E1-B/C, E5b
- Number of channels: 184
- Update rate: Up to 10 Hz
- IMU: 6DOF
- Dimensions: 126 x 126 x 142 mm
- Weight: 950 g
- Operating temperatures: -20 to +65 °C
- Ingress protection: IP67
- Autonomy: 18 hrs as an RTK rover with tilt compensation, 22 hrs of logging
- Battery: Li-Ion 5200 mAh, 7.2 V, 37.44 Wh
- Charging: USB-C 5 V, 3 A
- LoRa radio: Transmit and receive
- LoRa Frequency range: 868/915 MHz
- LoRa Power: 0.1 W
- LoRa Distance: Up to 8 km
- UHF radio: Receive-only
- UHF Frequency range: 410–470 MHz
- UHF Protocol: TRIMTALK 450S
- UHF Modulation type: GMSK
- LTE modem: Regions = Global
- Bands FDD-LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 66
- TD-LTE: 38, 40, 41
- UMTS (WCDMA/FDD): 1, 3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19
- Quad-band, 850/1900, 900/1800 MHz
- SIM card: Nano-SIM
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.0/2.1 EDR
- Ports: RS-232, USB-C
- Protocols Corrections: NTRIP, RTCM3
- Position output: NMEA, LLH/XYZ
- Data logging: RINEX, NMEA, LLH/XYZ, UBX
- Internal storage: 16 GB